Talent SolutionsHealthcare Executive Search and Talent Solutions
Our Unique Healthcare Executive Search Practice
We Believe in Aligning Organizational and Professional Goals
Sometimes an organization selects a well-qualified candidate whose personal demeanor is just not a good fit. We avoid this by meeting with our clients prior to beginning the search and listening to their perspectives on the position from which we begin to ascertain what personality and communication style would best fit the culture. To ensure our collective perceptions of culture are spot on, we complete an evidence/data-based assessment of the senior leadership culture to deliver candidates who are the best fit based on that assessment as well as their personal and professional demeanor gleaned from our various interactions with prospective finalists for the position. When taken together that fit will positively impact longer-term retention which in turn will define winning provider organizations in the future. Our experience has shown cultural fit, above all else, is the key determinant for a senior executive’s long-term success. Candidate development and integration comes in a close second and the two form the basis for longer tenures.
We Have Experienced, Motivated Professionals
Our senior research associates, as well as our senior search professionals, are wholly dedicated to the healthcare industry. In fact, all of our research associates have a minimum of 20 years of healthcare-related search experience.
We Take Our Work Very Seriously
One of the keys to our firm’s long-term success is our feeling of responsibility to our clients for achieving excellent results. We do not make excuses for issues that arise and we are accountable for our advice and actions. We are selective in choosing the searches we take on, focusing not only on our ability to deliver outstanding outcomes, but also on achieving good chemistry with our clients seeking to build long-term relationships and trusted advisor status. Our billings are based on our performance. We take on the majority of the financial risk and have a truly vested interest in making a great match. We do not present finalists who “might work” for expediency sake.
We Deliver Value-Added Client Service
We partner with our clients on each search, focusing not only on the search at hand, but also on candidate development and retention. We respect our clients’ opinions and believe that working together we can achieve excellence in leadership selection and retention. We guarantee the tenure of our candidates, and, in the highly unlikely event that it should become necessary, we will complete another search with the same robust process and rigor at no additional cost to you. In our 18+ year history, we have had to do that only twice. Following each search, we will meet with our clients to fine tune the process to best fit their needs on future assignments. Our commitment to relationship building is unwavering.
The Leadership Edge – Executive Coaching
Many successful candidates and the organizations they serve believe the first 90 to 120 days of employment are a virtual grace period. We believe nothing could be further from the truth. An executive’s first few months on the job are crucial because during this time key individuals (board members, physician leadership, and other executives) form lasting opinions on the candidate’s cultural fit and leadership ability. Our process incorporates executive coaching into the first several months of employment to further ensure a long-term tenure. New executives must lead in a manner that is understood and respected. They must be able to assimilate the culture quickly, and assess the abilities of the team and the capacity of the organization to meet competitive challenges. Executive coaching is a process that assists the new executive with many of these challenges and provides the means to make the right decisions and get results in the first critical months of the new assignment.
Our Mandate: Beyond Talent Acquisition to Solutions
Mounting complexity and changing volume to value reimbursement models requires senior executives to be a cultural fit, mentally flexible and capable of making sound decisions sometimes with little information. Nagle & Associates assesses our finalists to ensure these crucial areas are evidence-based and further developed during the executive coaching phase.
- We complete a data/evidence-based senior leadership culture assessment which supersedes perception and further ensures candidate integration. Perceptions matter, however, we are just adding a little science to the art. We believe this assessment helps deliver finalists for the position who are most likely better potential cultural fits, and when coupled with executive coaching following the placement it helps to better ensure longer term retention which we feel will be a real strategic differentiator in the future. Leadership assessments utilize a tool and database that compares leaders to leaders and is both statistically valid and interpretable.
- Learning Agility: Results of this assessment provide a clear understanding of an executive’s ability and willingness to learn quickly and then apply those lessons to perform well in new, changing and challenging leadership situations. This assessment is a crucial element to hiring and developing top notch talent.
- Decision Styles: Results of this assessment provide a clear understanding of the executive’s capacity to make sound decisions and insights into how the executive makes decisions. Alignment in the context of senior leadership culture is almost always essential for effective collaboration between executive team members.
- The Good News: Learning agility and decision styles are both coachable and could be focal points during the one-on-one executive coaching process for several months following the hire.
- Relocation is often a stress point that can trigger unspoken resistance. Our experience has shown some professionals will decline an offer to avoid the very real stress of a move. We address that during the talent acquisition process itself as part of our overall talent solution. Your finalists and, ultimately, the chosen professional, are the real beneficiaries. We back our talent with concierge-level relocation support relieving our clients of this responsibility. Whether or not relocation financial compensation is provided, Nagle & Associates supplies relocation support services to facilitate quick and hassle-free talent relocation. Candidates and their families are transitioned quickly and smoothly, and your brand is positively affected. We provide customized local community orientation and home tours for all finalists invited on site who are being seriously considered for the position. We focus on your employer brand, and, most importantly, location desirability.
“Selecting the right leadership at all key levels is now an imperative for operational and strategic success. In its absence, the transition to quality/value-based healthcare reimbursement will be difficult at best.”
– Chip Nagle
Unique Differentiators – Contemporary Solutions
- National Reach and more than 20 years of experience focused on hospital, health system and larger independent physician group space.
- High-touch, boutique service from an experienced senior executive search professional. With over 23 years of executive search experience, Mr. Nagle, in many instances, will personally lead your search from start to finish. Dr. Strieker, our executive coach, will be a significant presence as well.
- We have credentialed subject-matter experts who have often successfully served as executives in the specific role you are looking to fill and have the knowledge and understanding of the operational, financial and human resource challenges to role entails. They are “on top” of the rapidly changing healthcare landscape specific to the role at hand.
- Senior research associates with 20+ years of experience in networking, sourcing and recruiting.
- Our company is the size it is by design. we are not hamstrung by a pervasive off limits list.
- We offer a contemporary, client-friendly, communication-driven search process which aligns us and our clients.
- Continuous quality improvement, as we monitor our client and candidate experiences following the search process often meeting with our new clients in person to fine tune the process so that it best fits their unique needs in the future.
- Competitive fee structure typically set at thirty (30%). Our fees are, for the most part, based on our ability to conduct the search at hand and not tied to any other non-search related metrics.
- Executive coaching for three to five months post hire to ensure cultural integration, effective professional communication, and ultimately, desired results.
- Leadership assessments of candidates prior to selection and on-site assessments of the executive team’s organizational culture by an organizational psychologist and executive coach. Both the executive team and high potential finalists complete the same assessment. This assures that candidates who best fit “culturally” are presented and the chosen professional is retained and developed into the future following an acceptance.
- Our typical tenure guarantee is twelve (12) to eighteen (18) months and on select searches we offer a two (2) year tenure guarantee.